The warranty is in addition to your rights and obligations under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). Should any inconsistency exist between our conditions of sale and the ACL, the ACL shall prevail only to the extent of the inconsistency.
- We warrant that from the date of purchase, all Products (or components of Products as the case may be) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the
- Warranty Periods commence from the date that you purchased your product.
- If a Product is replaced under this Warranty, the Warranty Period for that replacement Product expires on the same date as the Warranty Period for the original Product.
- We will cover the cost of transport for any warranty service in the first 12 month of the warranty period for the product provided that your home is within a 15km radius from the store you purchased the product from. Any cost of transport after the initial 12 month will be borne by you.
At Homeland Furniture, we aim to provide our customers with above industry standard warranty periods and warranty services. Below is a list of specific warranty periods and their scope for different types of products which we retail.
Warranty on Lounges
Unless otherwise specified in writing by us (e.g. in a Sales Order), we warrants that:
- The frame used in each piece of our furniture is guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 5 years;
- The electronic and motion components for all recliners and sofa beds are guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 2 years;
- The leather and fabric of your product are guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 2 years.
Please note that our warranty on lounges expressly do not cover, and we are not liable for, any
- Fading or other change in colouration (“exposure”) of the leather or fabric,
- Any damage caused by general day to day wear and tear (“general usage”) or
- If the goods are used in a manner outside of their prescribed or ordinary use.
- When unwrapping lounges, must not use sharp objects such as knives as it may damage to the covering. Rips, tears and cuts caused by mishandling are not covered under our warranty.
- Due to the nature of the upholstered items, it is not always possible to perfectly align every stitching, cushion or backs. These are not considered a defect.
All other warranties and liability of Homeland Furniture Pty Ltd for any loss or damage, direct or consequential, is expressly excluded.
Warranty on Mattresses
Our Mattress Warranties varies depends on the product which you have purchased, they generally range from 5 to 15 years in length. Please enquire in store or see the online product information section for your product’s specific warranty period.
Please see below for the scope of the warranty that is attached to all our mattress products
Availability of identical materials
If identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement, we reserve the right to substitute materials of equal quality. Identical fabrics cannot be guaranteed, however the closest available match will always be attempted.
Our Warranty covers the following specific manufacturing faults under conditions of normal wear and tear.
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken
- Coils or wires that protrude or tear through any fabric
This guarantee does not cover
- Mattress fabric (including stains, soiling, burns or pilling).
- Normal body indentations (less than 32 mm).
- Handles (where fitted) - these should be used only to position the mattress and should not be used to support the full weight of the mattress.
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress (innerspring) and foundation, bent due to moving or folding the sleep set.
- Bedding sold 'As Is'
- Comfort Preference, or any adjustments to comfort layers
- Bed Height.
- Sheet fit.
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate foundation. A mattress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a matching foundation as part of a total sleep set.
- Minor manufacturing anomalies that do not impact the performance of the bed (eg. mis-stitching on quilting).
- Replacement of another piece of the sleep set unless that other piece is also defective.
- Damage due to abuse.
All Other Products
All other products which are not specifically mentioned above has a warranty period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
Variations in natural leather and timber finishes, including colours and grain changes may occur and must be considered natural features of the material.
General Scope of Warranty
The General Scope of Warranty applies to all products which we retail unless specifically stated otherwise.
Homeland Furniture’s liability under this Warranty does not extend to;
- Damage, failure, fading, or deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
- Damage (including corrosion) caused by improper use, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance, including damage caused by failing to adhere to care instructions.
- Damage caused in circumstances where the Product has been used commercially or in a manner which is greater than, or exceptional to normal domestic use; or
- Breakage or damage to glass table tops or mirrors; or
- Damage caused by Acts of God; or
- Defects in Products sold “As Is” which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
Defects covered by our warranties will be repaired or replaced at our discretion (subject to your rights under the ACL with respect to major failures) without cost to you for parts or direct repair labour.
We may refuse to service a product if we deem the servicing of the product may cause a hygiene or health risk.